Thursday 17 July 2014

Ex-premiere league player goes from earning £40k a month to £800 cleaning toilets

Life! From international football ace to ship cleaner. Former Sunderland player, Kevin Kyle, who used to earn £10,000-a-week playing for the premiere league team now earns £800-a-fortnight working a 12-hour shift on a ship stacking boxes & cleaning toilets. (pictured above left on the ship).

Kevin, 33, who started the job on board the 300-capacity ship on July 8th, said he had no choice but to take the job,
“I’m trying to provide for my family. Many footballers pick up jobs after football but I don’t see stories about them in the newspapers. I don’t really want to publicize my lifestyle in the newspapers about whether I have a job or don’t have a job. I have to work at some point to put food on the table and to provide for my family.” He said
The dad of 3 was jobless for 6 months after his contract with League One minnows Ayr United was scrapped in January.

Managers on the ship reportedly warned his new co-workers not to discuss Kevin's former life as a footballer or bring it up with him as it's a touchy subject.